Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why I Became an Usborne Consultant

A few weeks ago I had an Usborne Book Party at my house.  My husband and I had been talking about different opportunities for me to make supplemental income for our family.  I applied for a part-time job at a school near our house but I cried at the thought of leaving my little boys at home that many hours during the day that was our time to spend together.  I went to a friend's party that was selling something else and while we talked about it, it just wasn't me.  Before the party I brought it up with my husband and he just said to see how it felt when I talked to the person doing the party. 

At the party I asked about becoming a consultant.  Jennifer, now my Supervisor, gave me some information and enthusiastically told me about the great advantages of becoming a consultant.  My husband and I both agreed that it would be a good match for me.  First of all, I LOVE books!  I couldn't resist buying books before I even had children.  I love to read them.  I love to buy them.  I just love books!  One our favorite family activities is to go to a book store and browse. 

I get the book obsession from my Mom.  She works in the library at the High School I went to and has worked there for almost 20 years.  She loves those book orders they bring around to the employees to purchase.  She always gives her grandchildren books for their birthdays and Christmas.  The kids are actually shocked when they don't get books from her.  Before that I grew up in a house where I was surrounded with books to read.  There was never a shortage at our house.  To this day when I need a good book to read, I ask my Mom. 

Why Usborne books?  They are very high quality books from very cute board books for babies to learning tools for older children learning to read to chapter books for teenagers.  They have such a variety that there is something for everyone.  I love that they offer hostesses free books.  I love that they have monthly specials.  I love reading their books to my children and seeing their eyes light up when they learn something new. 

I am starting the blog to keep my friends, family, and customers informed about my journey as a consultant and new information that would be helpful for you.  Come to my website to see specials and enter to win $500 in free books (bottom right.)  I hope you enjoy the books as much as my family and I do. 

No comments: